This is a quick article to pull together the entire picture of Podman and CRI-O with the releases of RHEL 8 and OpenShift Container Platform 4.
In a nutshell, you get Podman with RHEL in a single node use case (orchestrate yourself) and CRI-O as part of the highly automated OpenShift 4 software stack. Let’s start with the high level story:
- Presentation: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Container Tools
- Blog: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta: Container Tools
- Part 1: Is Docker Supported in OpenShift 4 and RHEL 8?
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4 now defaults to CRI-O as underlying container engine
- Why Red Hat is investing in CRI-O and Podman
- Part 2: Why is There No Docker in OpenShift 4 and RHEL 8
One comment on “Podman and CRI-O in RHEL 8 and OpenShift 4”